Matt and I celebrated our 4th wedding anniversary, and remember our wedding day like it just happened. We work everyday to make each other happy, and love that we now can share our lives with Cameron. For our anniversary we aren’t big on gifts or crazy expensive dinners out- we just recognize the moment and reminisce.
After returning to daycare after the Labor Day holiday, Cameron moved up to the next room. Baby Ducks 2…the room where they aren’t babies anymore. They roam about, climb, play with new toys, take planned naps, eat at a communal table- I guess you could say they grow up quickly in this room. So far he’s done really well in this room, but he is exhausted when he gets home and has to take a nap from about 5:30 to 7pm.
Our biggest adventure this month would definitely be the 4th Annual Bike to Farms event, which was about 32 miles of bike riding from the city of Buffalo to a farm in Alden, NY with stops along the way at grass-root farms. Cameron was along for the adventure in his chariot towed by Daddy the entire way…and that was no easy feat especially for the part of the trip that was a straight 16 miles with no officially stopping sites. We took it at our own pace and resting when we needed to- and we did it!
We also made a trip this month into the Syracuse area for some activities. Mommy spent some time with the girls looking for bridesmaids dresses while the boys and Grandpa Smith had some fun. Harley time!
That evening we just hung out with my dad and step-mom…and had a nice relaxing evening. The following day we met with with my brother and sister and their families to do some apple picking, unfortunately it was a cold, dreary day- but we made it work. Cameron loved eating his first apple fresh from a tree…and he basically ate the whole entire thing.
One last fun fact for the month is Cameron’s current favorite toy, and he has a whole bunch to chose from. He has been favoring a stethoscope that he found upstairs a few weeks ago. Currently he will either where it draped around his neck or with the arms around his waist- and we take turns singing into it. He thinks it is great and that is all the matters.
Milestones for September
- At school he now sits at the table in a chair to eat lunch. He even has a plate that he eats off without throwing it off the table.
- He got his first shoe fitting at Stride Rite. We chose the Curious George first walkers because it is his favorite show and they will help as he continues to master walking with shoes on.
- Learns ‘no’ and can even shake his head no…but mostly he just things it is funny. However it has come in useful a few times when he tries to go in a cabinet that I don’t like him in.
- Kisses. He will given me kisses when he’s feeling in the mood, and they’re quite messy but so sweet. He also loves kissing the phone when we are on FaceTime or Skype.
- Moved up to the big boy carseat. He definitely is getting used to the new experience, and mom/dad are enjoying not having to carry him in the other seat anymore.
- It’s a bit gross, but putting his finger in his nose has become a new trick. It’s just a phase I’m sure as he learns he has a nose and his finger fits perfectly inside…
See you next month!